The good news for HPE’s Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) continues! The IDC MarketScape report, “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise IT PPM 2016 Vendor Assessment — Enabling Business Execution and Optimization” (doc # US40473615, February 2016) names HPE as a leader in Enterprise IT PPM. You can download an excerpt available from IDC and HPE here.
In this IDC MarketScape, Melinda-Carol Ballou, program director for IDC’s Application Life-Cycle Management and Executive Strategies service, noted that IDC is seeing continued adoption of enterprise-level IT PPM solutions, along with an increase in complementary, coordinated agile and application life-cycle management approaches with IT PPM.
This assessment recognized HPE PPM as a leader in enterprise IT PPM for “strong, enterprise PPM capabilities and an established position for IT PPM technically with a high-end user base” and “combined dominance for quality, requirements for ALM and agile capabilities with Agile Manager, service and network visualization and an emerging DevOps strategy.”
The IDC MarketScape recognized HPE PPM for strengths including:
- A comprehensive IT PPM suite
- A flexible delivery model that includes options for both on premise and SaaS
- The ability to coordinate with HPE’s automated software quality and service management solutions
The IDC MarketScape noted specific differentiators of HPE PPM such as:
- Enabling customers to reduce the cost of IT operations: The IDC MarketScape noted that user references interviewed for this assessment reported that HPE PPM is beneficial for cutting costs and for enabling efficiency.
- Enabling agile project and portfolio management: The IDC MarketScape called out the complementary availability of HPE’s Agile Manager for agile PPM along with support for best-of-breed agile third-party solutions, saying: “HPE’s combined financial and service management capabilities with PPM, on which it has executed well over the past 18 months and which it is strengthening further with PPM 9.3, underscore its strength for enterprise IT PPM. PPM integration across HPE solutions with an Open API for integration with third-party tools positions the company well.”
Interviews with HPE customers about their adoption of and satisfaction with HPE PPM were part of the IDC MarketScape’s assessment of HPE. As the newest member of the HPE PPM team, I’m energized by the trust and loyalty of our passionate, engaged customers as you share your experiences through assessments such as this IDC MarketScape and the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated IT Portfolio Analysis Applications as well as directly through channels such as the G2 Crowd Grid for Project and Portfolio Management (where we welcome your ongoing feedback).
I and all of the HPE PPM team look forward to continuing to hear from you: We hope to see you at our HPE PPM booth and sessions at Discover 2016, June 7-9 Las Vegas, NV or our booth at the Gartner PPM & IT Governance Summit June 6-8 Orlando, Florida.
In the meantime:
- Click here to read the good news about HPE PPM in the IDC MarketScape Worldwide Enterprise IT PPM 2016 Vendor Assessment excerpt
- Click here to learn more about HPE Project and Portfolio Management.